Sunday 30 December 2012

This Time We Go Sublime


I thought I would do a face of the day post as I am only too aware that my iphone camera quality isn't the finest when it comes to transmitting precision. I apologize in advance for the excessive and dodgy posing! I was trying to capture my nails (Barry M 307 Lemon)  and makeup in one, and this is how it turned out .... !

Face
As a base I have used a combination of Perfection Lumiere Foundation by Chanel and Perfect & Correct Foundation by Stila . Unfortunately, I am not a fan of this particular foundation by Chanel, as I was a religious follower of Matte Lumiere until it became discontinued (?!!!).  To prepare for this tragic event, I hunted the market for a replacement to rival its faultlessness and when I heard Chanel were releasing Perfection Lumiere to replace it I'm sure I heard the Heavens sing. I thought this would be the one… the one and only to replace them all, but sadly, this was not the case and I was terribly disappointed. After trying it on at home, I noticed that it appeared to leave a yellow - ish, very unnatural (and undesirable!) hint on my skin after settling in, I had to blend more and more to gain a layer of coverage, and after a day at work, there was barely anything left on my face. In its defense, I do think it ranks highly in luminosity and it does indeed leave a sheer/ matte finish. 

Eyebrows
Back to the post now….I have filled my eyebrows in with a black eye shadow, using a Mac 266 brush, and QVC slanted brush that I picked up from Superdrugs.

Blush
The blush is a combination of many, firstly, Mac’s Harmony to contour, YSL’s Touche Blush in 2, and Clinque’s 109 Pink Love blush on the apple of my cheeks.

Eyeliner
I have lined and flicked the upper lid of my eyes with Miss Sporty’s  Liquid Studio Lash in Black. I have tried and tested many over the years and found this to be equally as brilliant, and now one of my favourites for the fraction of the price (currently  £2.79 from Superdrugs!).  The brush with this eyeliner is a little difficult to get used to, so I would test it out before buying.

I have used Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion to line the lower lid of my eye. This is amazing.  It is ultra soft on the lid, you barely feel it going on, and gives the most intense and pigmented streak of colour, it's almost like an ink stain. I love it.

Mascara
I have used Benefit’s They’re Real mascara on my lower and upper eye lashes, and I have to say that this is probably the best mascara I have ever used. It’s a bit of a struggle to remove, but completely worth it if you like that volumised flutter effect.

Lips
I have neurtalised my lips with a dab of foundation, and then used Illamasuqa’s lipstick in Obey, the most precious and irreplaceable lipstick  I own. My world will not be the same the day it is discontinued.

Let me know what you think, and what your experience has been like with any of these products. 



Azia 

No comments:

Post a Comment